The organization of the move, as well as the transportation of large and heavy goods, requires oversized containers. Most often, in this capacity, cardboard boxes are used for moving and delivery, the dimensions of which go beyond the boundaries of the standards.
The concept of oversized packaging
The following criteria serve as the basis for calculating oversized packaging:
- Dimensions of pallets used for delivery and storage of products. Standard parameters are 1200*800, 1200*1000, 1200*1200 cm.
- The dimensions of the freight container or body of the vehicle that transports the goods.
- Stacking height in a truck van.
- Stacking height of the cell in the storage room.
- Parameters of racks in the storage warehouse.
The concept of oversized packaging applies to the following types of packaging products:
- Frame construction.
- Heat shrink polyethylene film.
- Two-piece packaging with an open bottom.
Areas of use
Oversized means have found application in the packaging of the following types of goods:
- The furniture is an upholstered cabinet.
- Building panels and other materials for renovation.
- Car tires.
- Components for cars.
- Sports equipment.
Purpose of oversized packaging:
- Ensuring cargo safety during transportation, loading and unloading, and storage.
- Optimization of placement of goods in a warehouse, in a container, and in a vehicle.
- Fulfillment of requirements for the transportation of non-standard cargo.
As a material for oversized packaging, three-layer, five-layer, or seven-layer corrugated cardboard is often chosen, from which containers of any volume and configuration can be made.
Characteristics of corrugated cardboard containers
The characteristics of the material explain the demand for corrugated cardboard:
- The ability to depreciate.
- Sufficient rigidity.
- Resistant to deformation and punctures.
- Protection from temperature extremes, ultraviolet, humidity, dust, and other factors.
- It can be used as a marketing tool by printing.
- Safe composition.
- Possibility to recycle containers after use.
Depending on the type of cargo, oversized packaging can be framed and wrapped. The first is characterized by increased rigidity and strength, due to which it is quite capable of replacing wooden containers. Wrapping packaging is a package that follows the contours of the cargo as much as possible which is assembled using a system of grooves and locks.